Learning from the best

Learning from the best

Following on from Black History Month, I just wanted to draw together some of the take-home tips for business success I was able to gather together from the leading lights of the current wave of Black businesswoman entrepreneurs and educators:

Be led by your passions and what interests you

“I got to where I am today because I’ve always been interested in technology and saw a problem within the industry and wanted to solve it.” — Dr Anne-Marie Imafidon, founder of social enterprise Stemettes

Celebrate the small wins

“Celebrate every win regardless of how small it may seem. Small victories compound into big progress.” — Yvonne Bajela, founder of Impact X Capital

Adopt a growth mindset

“Having a growth mindset is so important to achieving your goals.” — Kike Oniwinde, founder of the BYP Network

Create a clear vision

“Vision is the guide that directs all successful leaders. You should be able to come out with a vision and plan on a roadmap to success in any organization you want to lead.” — Bianca Miller-Cole, founder of the Be Group

Get out of your own way

I firmly believe that we all have the power to do so many different things. We just need to give ourselves permission, and get out of our own way.” — June Angelides, founder of Mums In Tech and co-founder of Female Founders Online

Assistant Librarian (Promotions) at the University Library. An enthusiastic advocate of libraries, diversity, inclusion, equity, and social justice for all, inside and outside the workplace.

Leave a Comment (note: all comments are moderated)

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

(you can use <b>bold</b> or <i>italic</i> markers)

*

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.